Book a Demo -
Speech Recognition
Book a Demo - Speech Recognition
Speech Recognition

Speech Recognition

Speech Recognition Banner Image

Ctalk contact centre system has native speech recognition capability. From a simple telephony front-end, allowing callers to state their requirement, to a full-blown automated system handling transactions autonomously. Speech recognition using ctalk contact centre system can be added to any telephony system or it can be standalone when using ctalk contact centre system. Create a simple, intuitive and natural interface for callers. Replace a complex multi-level menu with a single spoken command or phrase. Save time, caller frustration and increase first call resolution.

Speech Recognition

100% correct routing – how?

No speech recognition system is 100% correct all of the time. At best you get 90%, so what you do with the other 10% is very important. Unique to the ctalk contact centre system, the all-in-one-box architecture allows poorly-understood speech requests to be passed to a live person (without the caller knowing). This avoids callers having to re-state their request.

Speech Recognition for outbound calls

Intelligent dial tone allows users to “talk” over the dial tone and to issue commands. For example, state the name of the person or department you want, internal or external, and the system will connect you. This is context sensitive – say “Home” and ctalk contact centre system will dial your home number.


Ctalk contact centre system has a built in speech recognition receptionist called SayMyName. This allows callers to say the name of the person or department they require and ctalk contact centre system will transfer the call automatically. The names and numbers are pulled from a database or out of Active Directory. The speech grammars are automatically created.

100% Recognition

Direct the call with a simple spoken word or phrase. Uniquely, ctalk contact centre system can play unrecognised requests to a live agent for redirection without the caller’s knowledge.


Text-to-speech can play back detailed information such as account status or notes. Used in conjunction with speech recognition a complete transactional environment can be automated.

Intelligent Dialtone for Outbound

Pick up the phone and say what you want – no more looking up numbers or miss-dialling. Simply state your request and the system will do the rest.


Integrate with an existing system for Database lookups, CRM, policy information or any other business system.

Easy to Configure

Ctalk contact centre system’s Graphical Workflow Interface is at the heart of ctalk’s voice recognition. It makes it quick and simple to setup recognition applications.

Any Engine

Ctalk’s platform can use any speech recognition engine. We have extensive experience with Nuance and Microsoft.

Examples of use:

  • A company with a busy switchboard and thousands of extensions can automate the routing of calls by importing their Active Directory into SayMyName.
  • A transport company can provide talking timetables for buses, trains, ferries and airlines along with up-to-date delay, departure and arrival information.
  • A cinema or theatre can provide show times and what’s on.
  • A vehicle rental company can take bookings with customers stating their requirements and vehicle registration number for returns.
  • A hotel chain can take reservations automatically with the guest stating their location and required dates.
  • A highways department can provide traffic and road closure information by callers stating their location or road name.
  • Weather reports can be played by requesting region, date and time.

More Solutions